AMPS Fellowship Winners
Catherine Hodgson and Rob Walker
Search all news articles...
Some news items are only available to logged in Members.
Thursday, 11th July 2019
The Association of Motion Picture Sound (AMPS) invites applications for a PR and Social Media Manager
The role is on a flexible basis and would initially require a commitment of around 10-25 hours per month dependent on the time of year. It can be done from your choice of location. Easy access to the London area is preferable but not essential. This is suitable for a self employed person or limited company.
AMPS is a craft guild made up of over 550 of the most imaginative and highly experienced people working primarily in film and television sound. Our members have been nominated for many awards both in the UK and internationally and include many BAFTA, Oscar and Emmy winners. For more information visit www.amps.net
You should be an excellent verbal and written communicator with relevant professional experience in promotion and communication.
You should have a broad knowledge of the Film, TV, and Game industries and their main communication channels and media outlets.
You should be highly proactive in using social media and know how to manage PR and communication across multiple platforms. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website, Mailchimp)
You should be comfortable with basic video and photo editing for online publishing
You should be able to manage your own time effectively and with flexibility
- Promoting awareness of AMPS activities within the wider Film, TV and Game industries.
- Writing of press releases in relation to our AMPS Film and TV awards at key stages (nominees, winners and associated events) and maximising impact of these awards and events.
- Secure additional sponsorship specifically for AMPS Annual Film and TV Sound Awards. Ensure such sponsors are credited in all AMPS Awards announcements and PR.
- Liaising with web team, AMPS Council and Administration.
- Direct publishing of news and PR items to our website and social media.
- Involvement in our monthly newsletter
- Liaison with our sustaining members and sponsors' PR people to allow them to communicate with our membership and foster good relationships.
If this is of interest please send a covering letter and CV, including your expected hourly remuneration, to email@example.com as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest. We expected to close applications on the 25th of July 2019.