Search all news articles...
A selection of our latest news and announcements. Some items are only available to logged on Members.
Friday, 19th January 2018
The Association of Motion Picture Sound (AMPS) invites applications for the role of a PR Coordinator.
The role is on a flexible basis and would initially require a commitment of around 10-25 hours per month dependent on the time of year. It can be done from your choice of location, although easy access to the London area is preferable as this is where our administration is based and you would need to attend occasional face-to-face meetings.
AMPS is a craft guild made up of over 450 of the most imaginative and highly experienced people working primarily in film and television sound. Our members have been nominated for many awards both in the UK and internationally and include many BAFTA, Oscar and Emmy winners. For more information visit www.amps.net
You should be an excellent verbal and written communicator with relevant professional experience in a PR or journalistic environment.
You should be confident in guiding the direction of our PR strategy.
You should have a broad knowledge of the Film, TV, and Game industries and their main communication channels and media outlets. Candidates with knowledge of sound for motion pictures will be preferred.
You should be highly proactive in using social media and know how to manage PR and communication campaigns across multiple platforms concurrently. (Facebook, Twitter, website, email predominantly).
- Promoting awareness of AMPS activities within the wider Film, TV and Game industries and developing our strategies.
- Writing of press releases in relation to our AMPS Film and TV awards at key stages (nominees, winners) and maximising impact of these awards and events.
- Secure additional sponsorship specifically for AMPS Annual Film and TV Sound Awards. Ensure such sponsors are credited in all AMPS Awards announcements and PR.
- Liaising with web team, AMPS Council and Administration.
- Direct publishing of news and PR items to our website and social media.
- Liaison and involvement in our monthly newsletter and annual journal publications.
- Liaison with our sustaining members and sponsors' PR people to allow them to communicate with our membership and foster good relationships.
If this is of interest please send a covering letter and CV, including your expected hourly remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest.
Please use this form to notify us about issues related to this web page.